RESILIENCE AND EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS CONSULTANT
Founded in 2010, Marine Tiger Technologies Corporation (MTT), an NJ based DBE/WBE/SBE, is a rapidly growing technology consulting company that focuses on delivering solutions for critical infrastructure clients in the energy, transportation, and water sectors. MTT offers a great culture built on teamwork, a commitment to diversity, competitive compensation & benefits, along with flexible hours in a virtual environment. MTT also offers career development and growth opportunities for employees.
We are currently seeking an experienced resilience and emergency preparedness consultant to join our nationwide team. This position is responsible for all-hazards risk assessment, mitigation planning, and development of policies and procedures on behalf of critical infrastructure clients. This role is remote and will support nationwide projects with other team members.
- Perform asset-based risk assessments focusing on climate change threats, malevolent threats, natural hazards, and other dependency and technology hazards.
- Develop strategic, operational, and tactical plans to reduce risk, increase resilience, and foster effective emergency preparedness.
- Lead multi-agency, multi-discipline planning processes.
- Collaborate with private and public sector agencies and other stakeholders to develop coordinated strategies and to align expectations regarding roles and responsibilities.
- Manage project delivery and resources.
- Facilitate virtual and in person planning meetings.
- Master’s in Business Administration, Emergency Management, or related field or Bachelor’s with 2 additional years of relevant resilience, emergency preparedness, and operations experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of consulting experience, public sector or public agency preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating policy and plans in emergency management, resilience, and sustainability in the private and public sectors.
- 5+ years of experience working collaboratively with a broad base of stakeholders including senior and elected officials.
- Demonstrated understanding of national preparedness doctrine including the National Planning Frameworks, Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA) methodology, National Incident Management System, and Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program.
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills and business acumen.
- Experience working with FEMA or state and local emergency management agencies or in critical infrastructure sectors, such as power, water or transportation.
- Able to complete multiple tasks, simultaneously under pressure with very tight deadlines.
- Prior experience performing risk assessment and risk mitigation.
- Team and consensus building skills.
Working at Marine Tiger Technologies (MTT)
Marine Tiger Technologies delivers solutions for asset-intensive public agency clients that meet diverse customer needs, improve service delivery, and enhance data-driven decision making through the strategic deployment of innovative technologies and business practices. The MTT team performs meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve critical issues. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, MTT employees tackle important societal challenges to benefit people, businesses, and government agencies. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals.
Northeastern US (Boston Area to Washington, D.C.) Preferred
Multiple factors are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and competencies that align to the specified role, education, and certifications. The pay range for this position is:
$90,000 – $135,000
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible schedule & Remote Work
MANAGEMENT CONSULTING PRACTICE LEAD
Marine Tiger Technologies Corporation, a DBE/WBE/SBE, is a rapidly growing business and technology consulting company focused on delivering solutions for public sector transportation and environmental clients. Our clients include major transit agencies, state and municipal departments of transportation and transportation authorities. We offer a great culture built on teamwork, a commitment to diversity, and flexible hours in a fully virtual environment.
We are seeking a dynamic professional with industry expertise to lead our transportation-focused management consulting practice. The Management Consulting Practice Lead will be a doer-seller and will be expected to grow the practice while delivering superior project consulting services.
The transportation industry is going through one of the most transformative periods in recent memory. COVID-19 has upended traditional commutation patterns, while advances in technology have allowed transportation agencies to rethink how they provide mobility services. The selected candidate will help these agencies think through the challenging and exciting questions they must answer in the years ahead.
- Develop Practice Growth plan including prospective new hires, target clients and markets
- Keep up to date on trends through active participation in industry groups identifies practice strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to support annual strategic plans
- Manage strategic account(s) to extend and increase MTT presence and revenue
- Manage client/partner expectations and provides exceptional communications
- Develop and maintain industry relationships to maximize BD opportunities.
- Evaluate opportunities for fit / participates in go/no-go decisions
- Collaborate on project approach with BD Team and other MTT Practice Leads
Provide subject matter expertise and leadership for management consulting projects. Current projects include:
- Strategic Plans
- Organizational Assessments
- Capital program management and planning
- Business process reengineering
- Program management
- Performance measurement
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Business / Public Administration, Engineering, or fields related to transportation or technology from an accredited college or university. Advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in the transportation industry
- 5+ years of consulting experience
- Ability to leverage strong business development skills
- Ability to multitask, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Superior organization skills; team player with a positive attitude
- A commitment to getting things done and taking on whichever tasks are needed to ensure success
- Able to get up to speed quickly and take initiative; ability to be innovative and decisive
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, verbally and in writing, at all levels of an organization
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and SharePoint
- Experience developing strategic plans at departmental, division or organizational levels
- Experience in organizational assessment, change management, operational improvement and digital transformation.
- Experience conducting transportation planning studies such as corridor studies, long-range transportation plans and transit service planning
- Active participation with industry groups such as American Public Transportation Association (APTA) or Transportation Research Board (TRB)
- Business Development experience with an active industry network
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- 401k, Qualified Transportation Account
- Flexible schedule & Remote Work
Please send resume to Angela Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Must have received or be willing to receive the full dose of the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered for this position. Proof of vaccination is required.